Thursday

A Note to Faithful Readers

I am heading into the home stretch of my dissertation, the rough draft of which I plan to complete by the end of this month. Because of this increasing workload, I have been less-than-dutiful in responding to blog emails and - more importantly - the many thoughtful comments that folks have posted.

Ah, the guilt.

Over the next three weeks I plan to post regularly, but my participation in the ongoing comments dialogue will be quite limited, even more than my virtual reticence of the past few weeks. Please do not interpret my silence as disagreement or a lack of interest in what you have to say, because nothing can be further from the truth. I cherish every visitor who stops by and is moved enough by something I write to leave a comment, and I promise to return to a more engaged level of conversation in a few weeks.

My task is quite simple, really: I need to write about 50 pages of text in three weeks. The past few days have been quite productive, and sticking to my goal of a minimum of two pages of new material a day will keep me on target for my goal (the final project will be somewhere around 310 pages, including bibliography and appendices).

So by all means continue to offer your thoughts in the comments section, as this may among the only human interaction I enjoy for the next month. Oh, and thank you, Jesus: the unexpected gift of a free hour of time at work today allowed me to churn out yet another page.