Friday

In the Home Stretch

Thanks for your patience, dear readers, for putting up with my lack of blog activity the past month. The Muses have been smiling upon me this week, and I have been able to generate almost 25 pages of dissertation text in that time, putting me into the literal home stretch of this multi-year research project.

At this rate I will finish before my self-imposed deadline of October 31 to produce a draft that I think is worthy of the time my committee members will be spending in their efforts to help me improve the document (read: "shred my pathetic attempts at passing myself off as a scholar").

Though inevitably I will still have quite a few hours of revisions and corrections to make, it is gratifying to know that I am almost over the hump of the "bulk" work of writing this blasted dissertation.