Tuesday

A Degree is Never Official Until the Updating of Transcripts

I have been compulsively checking the university website for the past 17 days to check if the registrar got around to updating my transcripts. Yes, I defended my dissertation and walked across the stage last month to collect my fake PhD, but my "official" recognition of doctoral status finally showed up on my transcripts today.

NOW is the time I can breathe a sigh of relief and know that all of the proverbial loose ends have been tied up. I can also order official transcripts now that indicate all of my earned degrees, and no longer will I have to include Post-It notes that explain the unfinished business of a degree-in-progress.

I think that this will be the last of my crowing about finishing my PhD, although I reserve the right to jump up and down when the official diploma arrives in the mail soon. Yes, I know that posting about personal accomplishments borders on the boastful or egomaniacal, but this degree has been almost a decade in the works, and I am still getting used to the idea that I am FINALLY FINISHED.

Phew!