Wednesday

Bonsai Trees and Winter

My bonsai plant has been looking a bit under the weather lately, so I decided to take advantage of the warmer temperatures and sunshine today by putting the little tree outside. Perhaps I was engaging in anthropomorphic wishfulness, but the plant seemed a little livelier after an hour outdoors.

I also read that sheltering your bonsai tree from any exposure to winter conditions can result in out of season dormancy that may bring about sickly trees and even death. In fact, if you have a bonsai plant from a temperate zone no winter protection is needed for the plant until the temperature drops below 15 degrees Fahrenheit.

Thus, I did not need to activate Plan B, which was to turn on the gas grill to provide additional heat for my spindly bonsai tree. Nor did I need to buy memory for my computer to handle the images I just processed.