Friday

Quirky Websites: I Park Like an Idiot

The Quirky Website of the Week is a semi-regular feature on this site. Feel free to recommend other quirky websites in the Comments section.

I laughed out loud for the first time today (yes, one of those days) when I clicked on a link that a blog reader sent me. The site in question is IParkLikeanIdiot.com, and the designers have two purposes in mind: documenting egregious violations of vehicular decorum and hilarious vigilantism.

Visitors can purchases stacks of "I Park Like an Idiot" bumper stickers, and then when they see someone in fact parking like an idiot, place a bright yellow bumper sticker on the offending vehicle. Intrepid vigilantes then take photos of the idiot drivers and submit the images to the website for posting.

Here is an image of the bumper sticker:

Left: "I Park Line an Idiot" bumper stickers

People who cannot seem to park within the designated lines have long been a source of frustration to me, especially in lots where parking is already at a premium, like the University of Toledo. I remember a motorist a few months ago who managed to take up three spaces with a minivan with some idiotic parking, an act that almost screamed: "I am FAR more important than anyone else in this lot."

A pox on thee, oh self-centered knave.

Anyways, do not mention this website should you be sued by a yuppie for adhesive damage to his Lexus, but enjoy yourself if you decide to engage in a bit of vehicular karma.