Monday

Black and White Cabs

You will not be able to see in this image, but at the moment I pulled into the Rite Aid parking lot near Secor and Monroe there were a total of six vehicles bearing the logo of the Black and White Cab Co. I often see these cab drivers parked at this location, and I have wondered what the appeal is for this particular Rite Aid to attract so many cabbies.

My wife thinks that the lot has a central location in the Toledo area, and certainly the lot's close proximity to Interstate 475 offers the cab drivers easy access to the Toledo freeway loop. This pharmacy is also close to the Toledo Hospital, Westfield Franklin Park, and the University of Toledo.

One of these days I will make it a point to stop and chat with a few cabbies and learn the secret. Maybe the real reason this place is heavily trafficked by cab drivers is that it is a stone's throw from Netty's Hot Dogs, the ultimate in eating-on-the-go.