Wednesday

Early Spring and Outdoor Desserts

My wife and I took a few minutes to enjoy the unseasonably warm spring temperatures this evening to sit out on the deck and enjoy our desserts. She sampled a turtle cake drenched in dark chocolate, while I devoured in about 30 seconds an oversized Bavarian cream puff.

This was not quite as pleasant as eating Key lime pie at an oceanfront restaurant in West Palm Beach, but it was close enough to perfection for me.

At first I grumbled at the idea, as I am under the gun with a bunch of work-related projects that are starting to pile up, but after taking five minutes to enjoy the sunshine, sugar, and company, I realized that life is too short to miss out on outdoor desserts, and I did not spend a second thinking about diet pills.

And the work is still here.