Wednesday

Executive Dog

Foster dog named Shadow, a terrier mix with Planned Pethood Pictured on your left is Shadow, a 4-1/2-year-old terrier mix we are fostering who was surrendered by his elderly former owner after her living circumstances changed. Shadow is a quiet and friendly little dog who quickly warms up to new people, and I profiled this handsome fellow in an earlier post.

He cracked me up a few minutes ago after I left my work area to knock out the dinner dishes. I returned to find Shadow sitting in my chair and looking back at me as if to say: "What - you weren't using the damned thing!"

As you might imagine, Shadow has completely become relaxed in his foster home, and he no longer exhibits a fearful demeanor. He follows me around the house the entire day, and it is clear that this is a loyal little dog who just loves being around people. I hope that he finds a forever home soon because I am quite fond of this lovable guy.

If I may say so, Shadow is the perfect little companion: he is housebroken, calm, and hilarious. He is fine around children, cats, and other dogs, and he is easily one of the coolest foster dogs we have ever rescued.

To learn more about adopting Shadow, or if you want to financially contribute to Planned Pethood's mission to rescue dogs and cats in Northwest Ohio, visit the Planned Pethood website for more information.