Monday

Local Business Profile: Auto Connection


Living as I do in the middle of the American Rust Belt, whenever possible I like to patronize and promote local businesses. "Local Business Profile" is an occasional feature on this site in which I use this blog to highlight quality Toledo-area businesses. Have a suggestion for a future profile? Email me at mebrook@bgsu.edu .

I have been a regular customer at Toledo's Auto Connection for the better part of two decades now. The company has four Toledo-area locations and specializes in mufflers, brakes, and suspension work.

Originally I started using Auto Connection's location at Sylvania and Douglas out of convenience, as my old business office was right across the street at DeVeaux Village. Yet quickly I learned that the folks who run Auto Connection are honest business operators, and I exclusively take my cars to them for exhaust work because I know they will not rip me off. Between the money saved at a quality repair shop like Auto Connection and the cash one could save from shopping for cheap car insurance, a person could sock away quite a chunk of savings.

One time I drove up a car with an exhaust that sounded as loud as a diesel semi-trailer, and I expected to spend $150 or so on a new exhaust system. Instead, the manager explained that I really only needed a doughnut gasket, and after a mere 20 minutes and $20 I was back on the road.

I would bet that the counterman at one of the national chains would not have hesitated to sell me a tail pipe and muffler that I did not need. However, the guys at Auto Connection have always demonstrated a willingness to keep the costs down and bank instead on repeat business, which is probably why they have been around for so many decades.

I know that I have referred many friends and family members to Auto Connection, and if you are in need of quality exhaust, brake, or suspension work, look no further than the Auto Connection.

Oh, and I just returned from yet another positive experience with Auto Connection today, which is what prompted me to write this post. Excellent work, men!